- Category: Temporary Visas
- Published: Friday, 07 October 2016 18:06
- Hits: 1959
It is a tourist or travel visa which is called Temporary Visit, and is used for holidays, family visit and business.
Stay in Canada as a visitor
You can extend your stay, invite business visitors or reunite with family members.
When you first come to Canada as a visitor, you use one of these documents to enter:
- a visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa)
- an electronic travel authorization (eTA)
- a valid passport or travel document
A visitor record
- is a document that gives you status as a visitor in Canada and allows you to stay longer
- includes a new expiry date
- that’s the new date that you must leave Canada by
When to apply for a visitor record
You must apply for a visitor record before your current status expires. If you’re not sure when your status expires, find out how long you can stay in Canada.
Leaving and returning to Canada
A visitor record is a document that continues to give you status as a visitor in Canada and allows you to stay longer. It doesn’t guarantee that you can leave and then re-enter Canada.
If you plan to travel outside Canada or the United States, you need a valid entry document, such as a visitor visa or eTA, to return to Canada.