- Category: Settlement Services
- Published: Friday, 07 October 2016 18:02
- Hits: 1833
If bank accounts have not yet been established, a representative will assist the client in establishing bank accounts, and obtaining automated banking cards.
How do banks work?
Essentially, banks and other financial institutions such as trust companies, caisses populaires and credit unions provide:
1. a safe place to keep your money,
2. services to help you manage your money, and
3. loans and mortgages.
It is important to realize that financial institutions do not just hold your money in a safe place. They make money by:
1. investing your money, for which they pay you interest;
2. lending you money, for which they charge you interest; and
3. providing you with credit, usually in the form of a credit card. The interest rate on credit cards on your unpaid balance is quite a lot higher than on a conventional loan.